your company tag line goes here
How to Dress to Impress for an Interview
The first thing your interviewer will notice is the way you look, so make the best first impression. Being well dressed will not guarantee you the job; however being improperly dressed will almost always hinder your chances. We have put together our top five tips for dressing in an interview.
• It's always better to be overdressed than to be under-dressed. Regardless of the job you are applying for, show your interviewer you are a serious candidate by dressing professionally. A matching suit and tie or skirt suit is always the safest bet. As they say "Dress for the career you want."
• Look Neat. No one wants to hire a sloppy candidate. Be sure your clothes are stain free, neatly pressed and tailored. A messy candidate gives off the impression of a disorganized worker. If you have garments that are ill fitting be sure to see our alterations specialist
• Carry your resume in a portfolio folder. Portfolios give you that very professional look you want when applying for a position.
• Avoid Showing too much skin. Low cut tops, short skirts, ripped pants and see through clothing can give off the wrong impression. Err on the side of caution when it comes to showing skin, but don't dress like a grandma either. Think clean, chic, and professional. For example, a pencil skirts and flirty blouses paired with a blazer is a great ways to look feminine at work while still being appropriate.
• Cover up Piercings and Tattoos. Regardless of ones personal take on piercings and tattoos, most companies will view them as unprofessional. Consider removing piercings and covering up tattoos if at all possible.
In general, when dressing for an interview you want to look like a confident, organized candidate with a certain level of professionalism.
Please call with any questions you might have about cleaning, repairing or altering any of your professional clothes.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
SAME DAY SERVICE 7 DAYS A WEEK*
*Chicago's Discount Dry Cleaners Same Day Service Mon-Sat
Kenny The Kleener: (847) 324-5101
Chicago's Discount Dry Cleaner: (773) 764-3343